What do I do?
I’m a software developer (mostly iOS and Mac) based in Singapore. Me and my friend built a Facebook client for iPad that reached #1 on the U.S. App Store. We’re working on an Instagram client for iPad (heh!). We also built an app to help you put pretty text on photo.
At work I’m using a Mac mini mid-2011, core i7, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD. I have a Thunderbolt display and an ancient Dell monitor in vertical. I use Time Machine to backup my stuff to a 7-year-old Western Digital My Book. Important stuff (my photo archive) is backed up to another Western Digital 2.5” HDD. My keyboard is a DAS Keyboard, my mouse is a Logitech G400 (link to the G400s - Logitech discontinued the G400).
I also use an iPhone 5 and an iPad (3rd generation) on the move. My iPad is too slow it is a good thing, if my app runs smooth on my iPad it will pretty run smooth elsewhere.
- Xcode, TextMate for coding/text editing.
- Safari for web browsing.
- 1Password to manage my password.
- Dropbox to sync and share files.
- I prefer Terminal over iTerm2.
- Spotify to listen to music.
- git for version control.
- tugboat to manage my DigitalOcean droplets.
- Apple Notes app to sync notes between my Mac and iOS devices.
- axel to download files.
- Mou & jekyll to write this blog.
- MPlayerX and VLC to play whatever I throw at them.
- Adium for instant messaging.
- Twitter for Mac to keep up with Twitter.